How is Fractional Ablative Different From Traditional Ablative?
Traditional ablative resurfacing heats and removes the complete surface of the skin resulting in a longer recovery period. Fractional technology reaches deeper into the skin, but covers the skin area in patterns of dots instead of a broader area.
The RF energy induces a skin injury over the region of the matrix spots with an accelerated healing process supported by the non-affected tissue surrounding the matrix spots. This way, the treatment can produce much more effective color and texture improvement–with significantly less recovery time than traditional C02 full ablative laser resurfacing.Contact Us to Schedule a Consultation
What are the benefits?
Fractional ablative skin treatments treat wrinkles, acne scars, superficial skin lesions, skin tone, texture and helps tighten the skin.
Though CO2 ablative (full skin removal) laser resurfacing has been the gold standard for non-surgical facial skin rejuvenation for more than ten years, it has limitations that include a prolonged recovery period (weeks), hypo-pigmentation (unwanted lightening of skin color), and the potential for infection that can lead to scarring.
Matrix RF is a new technology that has a significantly shorter recovery period and less risk of complications. The Matrix RF fractional treatment is customizable to your skin type and has varying intensities ranging from
- Mild ablation & skin resurfacing with a shallow impact
- Moderate ablation & skin resurfacing with a mid-level impact
- Intense ablation & skin resurfacing with the deepest impact
What you need to know about Matrix RF:
Matrix RF is the world’s first radio-frequency only non-laser and non-light-based aesthetic procedure that is FDA-cleared to treat a range of skin conditions and skin types safely. The Matrix RF fractional resurfacing technology now allows your practitioner to treat more skin problems with the same system, so you don’t have to go to different practitioners to receive a complete solution.
Skin resurfacing and rejuvenating technologies: Today there are four kinds of skin resurfacing and skin rejuvenating laser and light-based technologies.
- Traditional skin resurfacing ablates (surgically removes) the complete surface of the skin.
- Non-ablative skin rejuvenation heats wide areas, but does not ablate the surface skin.
- Fractional skin rejuvenation does not ablate the skin but heats narrow and deep.
- Fractional skin resurfacing is the newest technology that uses a combination of ablation and heating in matrix dots across the skin with various levels of penetration.